The Key Laboratory of Space Applied Physics and Chemistry, Ministry of Education, was founded in April, 2006, based on the integration of the national key discipline of “materials physics and chemistry” with other relevant disciplines such as condensed matter physics, optics, optic engineering, polymer chemistry and physics, and applied mathematics.
The purpose of this laboratory is to carry out the basic and applied basic researches and cultivate high-level talents in the areas of space applied physics and chemistry. The research fields include:
1. Ground-based physical simulation and characterization of the space environments.
2. Physical/chemical properties and preparation principles of materials in space condition.
3. Chemical synthesis and biological medicine study in space.
4. Computational simulations of the physical and chemical process in space.
5. Design of space experiments the development of space facilities.
Director of the laboratory：Prof. ZHAO Jianlin
Deputy director of the laboratory: Prof. ZHANG Qiuyu, Prof. XIE Wenjun
Director of the academic committee: Prof. YAN Wen
Deputy director of the academic committee: Prof. CHEN Changle
Director of the laboratory office: Ms. ZHENG Litong
Secretary of the laboratory: Prof. XIE Wenjun