|The Shaanxi Key Laboratory of Optical Information Technology|
The Shaanxi Key Laboratory of Optical Information Technology issupported by the Northwestern Polytechnical University. Construction was approved in April of 2005 by the Shaanxi Provincial Department of Science and Technology and the Shaanxi Provincial Department of Education. The laboratory was ready in June of 2006. The research orientations of this laboratory are based on: modern optics, optoelectronics and instrument science, combining electronic and computer technology, studying new mechanism and technique on capture, modulation, processing, distinguishing of optical information and its applications in modern information technology and defense high-tech. The laboratory developmental aims are determined by the requirements of the national stratagem and the developments in science and technology, as well as the economy of Shaanxi Province. It is focused on advanced optical information and optoelectronic technology in west China. This laboratory accepts graduate students in optics (MS), optical engineering (MS, Ph.D.) and precise instrument and mechanics (Ph.D.). It also accepts postdoctoral and visiting scholars from universities and institutes. Moreover, it accepts over 40 students to accomplish their graduating thesis. At present there are over 60 staff working or studying in this laboratory, including four professors, fiveassociate professors, four lecturers and assistants, 30 graduate students, 20 doctorial candidates and one postdoctoral.
Over 30 research projects have been undertaken in this laboratory, including the foundation of National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) and the Science Foundation of Aeronautics of China. Three textbooks and lectures in electronic edition for optics and advanced optics lectures have been published. Over 250 papers have been published in journals and international conference proceedings, and over 50 Chinese patents and Chinese utility model patents have been applied for. Excellent Teaching Prize of Shaanxi Province (2009), Science and Technology Prize of Shaanxi Province (2008), and Science and Technology Prize of Shaanxi Province Education Department (2007) were awarded.
Director of the Laboratory
Professor Dr. ZHAO Jianlin
Associate Professor Dr. YANG Dexing
Professor Dr. ZHENG Jianbang
Schoolof Science, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi’an 710072, P. R. China.
(1) Optical information capture and advanced optoelectronic information processing technology
New optical measurement techniques of displacement, angle, contour and physical fields; advanced techniques of optoelectronic information processing and pattern recognition.
(2) Novel optoelectronic devices and its applications
Manufacture of three-dimensional optical waveguides and integrated optical currents in light sensitive materials by using light irradiation, and their applications in light signal modulation, processing, space interconnection and wave division multiplexing etc; new types of polymer nonlinear optical devices and polymer photovoltaic cells.
(3) Digital optical information processing technology
Digital holography and its application in precise measurement, image encryption, three-dimensional display and material characterization; virtual optics and its applications in modern optical systems and experiments
(4) Micro-nano optics and its applications
Light transmitting properties and sensing applications of microstructure fibers; new optical characterizing methods of micro-nano materials and devices; applications of photonic crystal and micro-nano waveguides.
- Phase correction and resolution improvement of digital holographic image in numerical reconstruction with angular multiplexing, Chin. Opt. Lett., 2009, 7(12): in press.
- Generation and motion control of optical multi-vortex, Chin. Opt. Lett., 2009, 7(12): in press.
- Visual measurement of the acoustic levitation field based on digital holography with phase multiplication, Opt. Comm., 2009, in press.
- Incoherent Interaction between Stripe and Needle Solitons in Noncentrosymmetric Photorefractive Media, Chin. Phys. B, 2009, in press.
- Visually testing the dynamic character of a blazed-angle adjustable grating by digital holographic microscopy, Appl. Opt., 2009, 48(5): 919-923.
- Improving the reconstruction quality with extension and apodization of the digital hologram, Appl. Opt., 2009, 48(16): 3070-3074.
- Numerical simulations of discrete propagations of light waves in optically induced planar waveguide arrays, Journal of Modern Opt., 2009, 56(5): 677-684.
- Influence of parameters on light propagation dynamics in optically induced planar waveguide arrays, Science in China Series G., 2009, 52(5): 747-754.
- Hybrid nonlinearity supported by nonconventionally biased photorefractive crystal, Appl. Phys. B, 2009, 95(3): 559-563.
- Simulation analysis of hot-images from coplanar multi-scatterers, Chin. Phys. B, 2009, 18(5): 1886-1890.
- Evolution of the hot-images in high-power laser system with cascade medium, Opt. and Lasers in Eng., 2009, 47(11): 1100-1204.
- Phase aberration compensation of digital holographic microscopy based on least squares surface fitting, Opt. Comm., 2009, 282(19): 3873-3877.
- Recording and reconstruction of a color holographic image by using digital lensless Fourier transform holography, Opt. Exp., 2008, 16(4): 2514-2519.
- Elliptical discrete solitons supported by enhanced photorefractive anisotropy, Opt. Exp., 2008, 16(6): 3865-3870.
- Optically induced transition between discrete and gap solitons in a nonconventionally biased photorefractive crystal, Opt. Lett., 2008 33(8): 878-880.
- High resolution digital holographic microscopy with a wide field of view based on a synthetic aperture technique and use of linear CCD scanning, Appl. Opt., 2008, 47(32): 5654-5659. Virtual Journal for Biomedical Optics, 2008, 3(12).
- Wave evolution of optical planar vortices in self-defocusing photorefractive media, Chin. Phys. Lett., 2008, 25(9): 3280-3283.
- Hot-images induced by arrayedmechanical defectsin high-power laser system with cascade medium, Opt. Eng., 2008, 47(11): 114202-1-6.
- Band-gap Engineering and Light Manipulation with Reconfigurable Egg-crate Photonic Lattices, Optics & Photonics News, 2008, 19(12): 25.
- Elliptical solitons in nonconventionally biased photorefractivecrystals, Opt. Exp.,2007, 15(2): 536-544.
- Simulation analysis of the restraining effect of a spatial filter on a hot image, Appl. Opt., 2007, 46(16): 3205-3209.
- Wavelength demultiplexing with layered multiple Bragg gratings in LiNbO3:Fe crystal, Appl. Opt., 2007, 46(23): 5604-5607.
- Coherent and incoherent interactions between discrete-soliton trains in two-dimensional light-induced photonic lattices, Chin. Phys. Lett., 2007, 24(12): 3435-3438.
- Necessity analyses of phase masks in joint fractional Fourier transform correlator, Opt. Comm., 2006, 259(2): 526-531.
- One-dimensional spatial dark soliton-induced channel waveguides in lithium niobate crystal, Appl. Opt., 2006, 45(10): 2273-2278.
- Photo-written waveguides in iron-doped lithium niobate crystal employing binary optical masks, Opt. Eng., 2006, 45(7): 074603-1-074603-7.
- Optical image encryption based on multistage fractional Fourier transforms and pixel scrambling technique, Opt. Comm., 2005, 249(4-6): 493-49.
- Polarization-dependent diffraction efficiency of a photorefractive volume grating and suppression of this efficiency, Appl. Opt., 2005, 44(15): 3013-3018.
- Second-order hot-image from a scatterer in high-power laser systems, Appl. Opt., 2005, 44(13): 2553-2557.
- Refractive index changes induced by sheet beams with various intensity distributions in LiNbO3:Fe crystal, Science in China Ser. G, 2005, 48(4): 399-412.
- Light-induced scattering in SBN : Cr crystal under external electric fields and its suppression, Chin. Phys., 2004, 13 (9): 1464-1467.
- 32. Nonlinear hot image of intense laser beam in media with gain and loss, Opt. Comm., 2004, 236(4-6): 343-348.
- Light-induced array of three-dimensional waveguides in lithium niobate employing a pair of two-beam interference fields, Chin. Phys. Lett., 2004, 21(8): 1558-1561.
- Optically Induced photorefractive waveguides in KNSBN:Ce crystal, Opt. Mat., 2003, 23(1-2): 299-303.
- Optical masks prepared by using a liquid-crystal light valve for light-induced photorefractive waveguides, Appl. Opt., 2003, 42(20): 4208-4211.
- Visualizations of Light-induced Refractive Index Changes in Photorefractive Crystals Employing Digital Holography, Chin. Phys. Lett., 2003, 20(10): 1748-1751.
- Photorefractive edge-enhancement joint transform correlator, Opt. Comm., 2002, 212(4-6): 287-292.
- Investigation of photorefractive two-wave coupling in Cr-doped strontium barium niobate crystal, Chin. Phys., 2001, 10(8): 739-742.
Department of Physics,University of Osnabrück, Germany
- Department of Physics,Western University, Australia
- Institute of Applied Optics and Physics, Technical University of Dresden, Germany
- School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Department of Physics and Astronomy, San Francisco State University, US