|The Shaanxi Key Laboratory of Polymer Science and Technology|
The Laboratory of Polymer Science and Technology was founded in 2006 was based on the Institute of Polymer Materialsand the Center of Engineering Plastics. Its aims are fundamental and applied research on polymer science and technology. There are 18 professors and associate professors in the laboratory, whose research interest is mainly on the following directions: Functional Polymer Materials, Resin Matrix Reinforced Advanced Composites and High-performance Plastic and Processing Engineering. The research projects were sponsored by the National Natural Science Foundation of China, National High Technology Programs, and Shaanxi Province. In the past five years, more than 180 research papers have been published in high quality international journals and 6 academic research awards were received from Shaanxi Province.
Director of the Key Laboratory
Professor FANXiaodong, Director of the laboratory
ProfessorZHANGQiuyu, Chair Professors of “Cheung Kong Scholars Program”
ProfessorZHANGGuangcheng, Director of Department of Applied Chemistry, vice director ofthe laboratory
Professor SU Kehe
Associate Professor Liu Yuyang
Associate Professor KONG Jie
Functional polymer materials and chemistry
- Functional polymer materials for drug controlled release
- Dendrimers and hyperbranched polymers and self-assembly
- Polymer ceramic precursors
- Adaptive polymers nanomaterials
Resin matrix reinforced advanced composites
- Design and synthesis of novel high performance resin matrix including BMI, CE, PI, Epoxy resins
- Low-cost processing of advanced composites including RTM, FRI, VARTM
- Impact damage mechanism and dynamic fracture behavior of resin matrix reinforced advanced composites
- Adaptive and smart nanocomposites
High-performance engineering plastic and processing
- Modification of phenolic resin, silicon resin, PI, and fluoroplastics
- Processing of complex component of engineering plastic
- Lightweight structure foam plastics including PVC, PI and PMI
Transparent wave functional polymers and composites
Molecular design and simulation of polymer materials
Polymeric reference materials and standardized measurement
Selected Publication (Total 400 papers)
- Tian W, Fan XD, Kong J, Liu T, Liu YY, Cyclodextrin-based hyperbranched polymers: molecule design, synthesis and characterization, Macromolecules, 2009, 42, 640-651.
- Kong J, Xu Y, Yung KL, Xie YC, He L, Enhanced nanoflow behaviors of poly(ε-caprolactone) melts through nanometer-scale channels in vibration fields, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2009, 113, 624-629.
- Zhang GB, Kong J, Fan XD, Li XG, Tian W, UV-activated Hydrosilylation: Facile Approach for Synthesis of Hyperbranched Polycarbosilanes, Appl. Organomet. Chem., 2009, 23: 277-282.
- Kong J, Yung KL, Xu Y, He L, Lau KH, Chan CY, Self-organized micropatterns of high aspect-ratio polymer nanofibers prepared via wetting in nanopores, J. Polym. Sci., Pol. Phys., 2008, 46: 1280-1289.
- Yung KL, Kong J, Xu Y, Studies on flow behaviors of polymer melts in nanochannels by wetting actions, Polymer, 2007, 48: 7645-7652.
- Tian W, Fan XD, Liu YY, et al. beta-cyclodextrin polymer brushes based on hyperbranched polycarbosilane: Synthesis and characterization. J. Polym. Sci., Pol. Chem.., 2008, 46, 5036-5052.
- Zhang GB, Fan XD, Kong J, Liu YY. Kinetic study on UV-curing of hyperbranched polysiloxane. Polym. Bull., 2008, 60, 863-874.
- Wang SJ, Fan XD, Kong J, Wang X, Liu YY, Zhang GB. A new controllable approach to synthesize hyperbranched poly(siloxysilanes). J. Polym. Sci., Pol. Chem., 2008, 46, 2708-2720.
- Wang SJ, Fan XD, Kong J, Liu YY. Synthesis, characterization, and UV curing kinetics of hyperbranched polycarbosilane. J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 2008, 107, 3812-3822.
- Wang SJ, Fan XD, Liu X, Kong J, Liu YY, Wang X. Dendritic carbosilane-based macrophotoinitiator: synthesis, characterization, and photoinitiating behavior. Polym. Int., 2007, 56, 764-772.
- Zhang GB, Fan XD, Kong J, Liu YY, Wang MC, Qi ZC Structure design of novel hyperbranched polycarbosilazanes: Synthesis and characterization. Macromol. Chem. Phys., 2007, 208, 541-548.
- Wang SJ, Fan XD, Si QF, Kong J, Liu YY, Qiao WQ, Zhang GB. Preparation and characterization of a hyperbranched polyethoxysiloxane based anti-fouling coating. J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 2006, 102, 5818-5824.
- Kong J, Fan XD, Si QF, Zhang GB, Wang SJ, Wang X Hyperbranched polycarbosiloxane with dendritic boron cores: Synthesis, characterization, and structure regulation. J. Polym. Sci., Pol. Chem., 2006, 44, 3930-3941.
- Hu H, Fan XD, Cao ZL, Cheng WX, Liu YY Synthesis and characterization of the environmental-sensitive hyperbranched polymers as novel carriers for controlled drug release. J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 2006, 101, 311-316.
- Si QF, Fan XD, Liu YY, Kong J, Wang SJ, Qiao WQ. Synthesis and characterization of hyperbranched-poly(siloxysilane)-based polymeric photoinitiators. J. Polym. Sci., Pol. Chem., 2006, 44, 3261-3270.
- Kong J, Fan XD, Zhang GB, Xie X, Si QF, Wang SJ Synthesis and UV-curing behaviors of novel rapid UV-curable polyorganosilazanes. Polymer, 2006, 47, 1519-1525.
- Liu YY, Fan XD, Wei BR, Si QF, Chen WX, Sun L. pH-responsive amphiphilic hydrogel networks with IPN structure: A strategy for controlled drug. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2006, 308, 205-209.
- Kong J, Fan XD, Qiao WQ, et al. Study of a skin-core type of crystallinity distribution within polyethylene specimen crystallized under high pressure. Polymer, 46, 7644-7651.
- Hu H, Fan XD, Cao ZL. Thermo- and pH-sensitive dendrimer derivatives with a shell of poly (N,N-dimethylaminoethyl methacrylate) and study of their controlled drug release behavior. Polymer, 2005, 46, 9514-9522.
- Qiao WQ, Fan XD, Kong J, et al. Synthesis and characterization of side-chain liquid-crystal line polymers and study of their role in the crystallization of high-density polyethylene. J. Polym. Sci., Pol. Chem. 2005, 43, 3067-3078.
- Liu YY, Fan XD. Synthesis, properties and controlled release behaviors of hydrogel networks using cyclodextrin as pendant groups. Biomaterials, 2005, 26, 6367-6374.
- Liu YY, Fan XD, Zhao YB. Synthesis and characterization of a poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) with beta-cyclodextrin as pendant groups. J. Polym. Sci., Pol. Chem. 2005, 43, 3516-3524.
- Si QF, Wang X, Fan XD, Wang SJ. Synthesis and characterization of ultraviolet-curable hyperbranched poly(siloxysilane)s. J. Polym. Sci., Pol. Chem. 2005, 43, 1883-1894.
Patents (Total 15 CN patents)
- Organic silicon anti-fog coating, Fan XD, Wang SJ, Kong J, CN Patent ZL 200710017509.7
- Preparation of MAA/AA copolymer foam plastic, Zhang GC, Chen T, Liu TM, CN Patent ZL 200610091394.1
- The dental polymeric nano-fiber composites and preparation, Zheng YP, Zhang GB, CN Patent ZL 200310118967.1
Key Laboratory has established cooperative relationships with many universities and institutions in U.S.A., Germany, U.K., France and Canada.